Our Dragon Long Poles are made from solid Red Ironbark hardwood.
Each pole is branded with our logo and ‘soaked’ in linseed oil for several months. They are supplied in a cardboard tube with end caps that may be kept for storage.
Lengths available: from 6 ft up to 10ft.
Long Pole Features
- The diameter tapers from 35mm to 23mm.
- Made from solid IronBark hardwood
- Available in 6ft, 7ft, 8ft, 9ft and 10ft
- 100% Made in Australia
- 100% Australian timber
Formally known as the "Six and A Half Point Pole". Training involves a lot of footwork, precision training and core body strength. Training improves the overall power and precision of technique. Training in the Long Pole delivers to the student further stance and projection energy/jing training and serves to further enhance and complement the skills already instilled within the student.
Long Pole uses: Sweeping, Striking, Slapping, Hooking, Thrusting and Stabbing
- 6ft: (1.8m)available by special order.
- 7ft: (2.1m)approx 1.7kg
- 8ft: (2.4m)approx 1.8kg
- 9ft: (2.7m)approx 1.9kg
- 10ft: (3.0m)approx 2.0kg
* Weights of the finished poles will vary slightly. As poles are handmade, lengths may also vary slightly. Although we try to source the straightest of timbers, some poles may not be perfectly straight.
We recommend storing them flat rather than up against a wall, to prevent any bending of the timber.
6ft (1.8m), 7ft (2.1m), 8ft (2.4m), 9ft (2.7m), 10ft (3m)